Where to start...
Seeing that this is my first SLOG for Computational Thinking and my first blog writing in general, I have no idea how to start off my blog in a typical and introduction-like satisfaction.
I only best way I could do so is making this casual introduction to transfer to the main topic of this blog: my first experiences with Computational Thinking.
When I first started this course, I honestly had no idea what to expect from it. I believed that this was going to be a course where we look at how programs causes the computer to "think". Well, I was half-right.
What the course was is basically looking at how the programs are created to form the so-called "thinking" process for the computer, if I'm not mistaken. In the first week, we were introduced to several web pages that would keep us company during the course. Personally, that meant that unlike most classes that rely on Blackboard, this class is so organized that it doesn't need Blackboard to start off with. This was something that at first didn't enjoy, but soon found out that it's easier to access to the work rather than searching through page after page in Blackboard.
In the second week, we were introduced to a program called MrRacket where we get to create our own values of a program. At first it was one of the most confusing things that I've placed my hands on, but through the videos supported with the program, it becomes easier to control, albeit the program as slowly changed since the videos' introduction. Once I got in control of the program, I became fascinated with all the values that we can control, and did the best to memorize every action by heart.
For this week, we continued our work on DrRacket. While we learned to convert images, numbers and words last week, this week we've learned to "defined" them. This meant that by altering one word to do several actions at once, we can forget about writing huge functions and save ourselves time with the DrRacket program. Personally I find that simpler to convey but difficult to use. At first I had no idea how to execute such words in the program but eventually with aid from the tutors, I managed to get the hang of the concept.
Afterwards for the latter 2 weeks, we had the small quiz to ensure that we know what we are doing. Simple, as I found out, as long as we know what we are studying.
Sooner or later, more classes would reach to those in the class, but as long as it becomes something of a habit rather than a class, I would look forward to what come next.
No comments:
Post a Comment