Well, after a week's absence, I am glad to be back. Refreshed, recharged and ready to learn, I began this week by learning the different types of networks, from the formation to its history.
The lesson itself was straight-forward: we began by learning the different forms of networking, their advantages, disadvantages and effect on performance. Personally, I found the first two formations, the round and star ones, understandable, from how it's run to its initial advantages and disadvantages. But the only formation that I need to look back on is the bus formation, because unlike the former formations, which are linear, this one relies on an abnormal trail that where should one go off at the same time another does, everything stops, every computer is given intervals so they can restart all over again. This is the only thing that separates it from the others.
Following the different formations, we looked at the history and development of the internet network itself. It begins from how computers relied on cellphones to get a connections before DARPA funded and co-created the first worldwide network for everybody to use in 1969. The governments involved in them funded it for 2 decades before the next best thing came.
By 1992, the "medieval" network was being used by everywhere by everyone all over the world. People can send emails, protocols such as file transferring and network file services were introduced and back then, open protocols were mandatory until 2012. By this point, I understood the history surrounding the network, but I still haven't gotten used to how the network today works: from its content to how it moves around. I do know who's in charge of these protocols however.
Afterwards, it was DrRacket time, where we learned how to write a Recursion function using an image. The function itself was no problem and it was easy to remember as long as I look back and remind myself out of it. But I need to remind myself that although I got used to one image and its different actions into the equations, I must now learn how to write similar equations as well, as evident to the weekly quiz I wrote.
Now with this week over, it's time to look forward to the test next week. Time to hit the books again.
No comments:
Post a Comment